International Standard Serial Number
... wie es für Bücher die ISBN gibt, ist die ISSN eine Nummer, die Zeitschriften und Schriftenreihen eindeutig identifiziert.
RDA 220.127.116.11 zu ISSN
Wenn Sie die ISSN einer Unterreihe erfassen, lassen Sie die ISSN der Hauptreihe weg. http://access.rdatoolkit.org/rdachp2-de_rda2-8005.html
Specialist in Automated Processing of Bibliographic Data
, full-time== ISSN International Centre, Paris | Bewerbungsfrist: 04.07.2016 http://www.issn.org/career/ Eingang: 20.06.2016
Head of ISSN Data, Network & Standardization department (F/M)
1. Position environment
The CIEPS - International ISSN Centre - is an intergovernmental organization that was formally established in 1975, under a treaty signed between UNESCO and France. It is located in Paris (45 rue de Turbigo, 75003) and currently employs 13 people. There are three departments: Data, Network & Standardization, Marketing, Sales & Communication and IT. The Data, Network & Standardization department comprises a manager, a deputy manager, an office assistant and four serials librarians. The main activities of the International ISSN Centre (www.issn.org<http://www.issn.org> ) are: - Updating and enhancing the ISSN database of standardized numbers allocated internationally to serials and continuing resources (print and online), - Coordinating the activities of 88 ISSN national centers worldwide, - Assigning ISSN numbers to international publications and publications produced in countries without any ISSN national center, - Marketing the ISSN database and related services such as ROAD Directory of Open Access Resources (http://road.issn.org/ ).
2. Position overview
- The department manager reports to the director. She/he contributes to ISSN IC general strategy. She/he prepares presentations and documents for the Governing Board, the General Assembly and the Directors’ meeting.
- She/he manages the department and develops a coherent team spirit around key challenges and objectives. She/he is committed to employee development, talent recruitment and management.
- She/he oversees ISSN data production, coverage, quality and enhancement in cooperation with the IT department.
- She/he takes part in standardization activities at national and international levels (EURIG, JSC RDA, IFLA, AFNOR, ISO). She/he stays abreast of scientific research trends, data documentation and management tools, and standards important for data exchange, reuse, and interoperability.
- She/he oversees the development of ROAD, the Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (road.issn.org<http://road.issn.org>).
- She/he develops training tools and documents for ISSN network data producers. She/he coordinates training sessions.
- She/he convenes network meetings such as the ISSN review group to monitor ISSN data production.
- She/he develops partnerships and with ISSN stakeholders such as publishers, national centres and libraries.
- She/he travels abroad frequently for meetings, conferences and exhibitions.
- Postgraduate degree (master or PhD) in librarianship and information studies with a technological twist. - Strong skills in metadata curation, information processing and mapping, bibliographic formats (ISBD, MARC21, ONIX, …), web and Linked data standards, online publishing. - 5-year experience in project and team management. - Excellent interpersonal communication and reporting skills. - Fluent English and French. A good command of other languages will be an advantage.
4. Salary and status
- € 42,000 - € 48,000 commensurate with experience. - Status: international civil servant. - Full-time position, 2-year contract starting Jan. 5th, 2015 with possibility of extension subject to funding and performance.
Please send cover letter, résumé and references to Ms Gaëlle Béquet, director (firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>). For full consideration please apply by December 5th, 2014.
0711 via i.